The Daugavpils University museum was founded in 1993 and is located in one of the university’s building.
On the basis of the current resources of the museum, as well as performing their uninterrupted supplementation and improvement, the mission of the DU museum is to study, preserve, research and popularize evidence (documents, photos, memories and material subjects) concerning the development of the university from the beginning of XX century up to now, in order to inform, rouse interest, and educate pupils, students and broader strata of society in the history of the higher educational institution and its investment in the development of education and science on a regional, state and international level.
The DU Museum funds include material, written, photo and audio evidence, which have accumulated over years, on the development of the higher educational institution and the most important procedures related thereto, on the staff and graduates of the higher educational institution. The most significant exhibits are Professor’s Ludmila Timoscenko primers collection and the collection of The Daugavpils State Teachers Institute director (1923-1940) Valerijas Seiles personal things.
Saules iela 1/3, B201, Daugavpils, LV-5400Kontakti: